Brendan Cole exit: Strictly star reveals HUGE career change after being dropped by BBC | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

Brendan Cole exit: Strictly star reveals HUGE career change after being dropped by BBC | Celebrity News | Showbiz & TV

The 41-year-old revealed on Tuesday that the BBC had not asked him to return to Strictly Come Dancing this year.

And, while it has been suggested that the controversial TV star could return to screens next year as a judge on ITV’s Dancing On Ice, it appears that Brendan may be planning to make a drastic career change.

Days before he announced the shocking news, the Strictly Come Dancing veteran had been discussing his long-term career plans.

And, in a surprising twist, the New Zealand-born ballroom dancer admitted that he could be tempted to change industries altogether.

In an interview with Yours magazine, Brendan said: “I’d like to develop property. I used to build houses right from when I left school.”

He continued: “I really enjoyed doing it; I like the hard work and the hard labour of doing it. 

“I get stuck in. When my dancing career ends I will start up property developing.”

The Latin American dancer also discussed how he had begun to struggle with some of the complicated dance moves during last year’s series.

The dance pro continued: “It’s certainly getting harder for me. I try and look after myself, but one day it will be too hard.”

And, after 13 years performing in the hit BBC competition, Brendan has revealed he will now hang up his Strictly dancing shoes.

Appearing visibly emotional as he broke the news during Tuesday’s Lorraine, the TV star said: “They’ve made an editorial decision to not have me back on the show.

“I’m a little bit in shock. I’m quite emotional, a bit raw about it.”

Fans were left heart-broken over the shocking news, while former Strictly judge Arlene Phillips likened the star’s exit to a divorce.

Speaking exclusively to, she said: “15 years – it’s like a divorce.

“Suddenly one minute you’re there with your family, your partners, and your friends, and the next minute that’s it. You’re out in the cold.

Following his interview, the BBC told “We’d like to thank Brendan for being part of the show since the beginning – winner of the first series – and for the contribution he has made to its success. We wish him all the very best for the future.”

Strictly Come Dancing returns to BBC One later this year.

Source link

About The Author

Related posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *